Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Plan

It is really quite simple.

Go 350 miles from the California/Oregon border to the Oregon/Washington border in one week on Route 101.

It gets slightly more complicated when one talks about doing it solely on foot.  But that is what I will be doing the first week of April. With the intent being to show we should all Ignore the Impossible, I will average 50 miles or so each day traveling along one of the most beautiful places this country has to offer.

But I will not just be running alone, if running more in one week than I ever have in one month can ever have a "just" attached to it. Joining forces with the California and Oregon Beef Councils as well as the Washington State Beef Commission and the Idaho Beef Council, I will be stopping several times along the way to talk to children at schools about how the battle against the obesity epidemic begins with them.  I hope to instill in them a love for exercise and the knowledge needed to make healthful choices about the foods they put into their body.

Along the way I will be making daily postings with updates on where I have gone, how the run is taking its toll on my body and what goes through my mind running 50 miles a day for 7 straight days. With runners from across the country joining me for at least part of the run, I can only hope to inspire even more to get off the couch and take those first steps.

Stay tuned for more updates as the details develop!

No comments:

Post a Comment